Under vigorous and visionary leadership, NED University poses research as its foremost priority and divulges its requisite role in the sustainable economic growth of the country and the development of the knowledge-based economy.
To streamline and escalate research activities on the premises, Office of Research, Innovation, and Commercialization (ORIC) was established in 2013 and accredited by Higher Education Commission (HEC) in 2015.
It aims to provide strategic vision and operational support to the institute's research activities. ORIC is committed to imitating a dynamic character in facilitating the Research and Development (R&D) works and encourages the faculty personals and researchers to bestow in promoting goal-oriented and commercializable research activities.
The prime objectives of ORIC are as follows:
- Develop and implement strategic research directions and policies of university
- Promote and improve multi-disciplinary research
- Increase and diversify external research funding
- Develop linkages and collaborations with HEI’s and Industries
- Convert research into commercial entity for the public’s benefit
- Promote entrepreneurship, technology-transfer and commercialization activities to improve and support the economy.
ORIC is currently acting as a gateway between industries and the university's developed technology and products as well. Transformation of knowledge towards innovation and its subsequent commercialization imprints a positive impact on the prosperity of the commonwealth.